What Every Customer Needs to Know About EGR Deletes
You've probably been told...
"An EGR delete is the thing you need..."
"The EGR cooler is the problem - just delete it"
"You don't even need that EGR cooler, just get rid of it"
Here is what you did not hear...
1. An EGR delete will set your check engine light.¹
2. An EGR delete is NOT the end all solution that most believe it to be.
3. An EGR Delete is ILLEGAL in ALL 50 STATES.
All vehicles are required to meet Federal emissions standards.
The penalty for an emissions component alteration can be in the thousands of dollars.
4. An EGR delete causes the vehicle to pollute.
Here is your BulletProof solution!
1. The BulletProof EGR cooler is extremely reliable.
2. Has a lifetime parts-only warranty.
3. The BulletProof EGR cooler WILL NOT set the check engine light.
4. The BulletProof EGR cooler will allow the EGR system to function the way it
was intended to work.
5. Combined with the BulletProof Oil Cooler you get a Bullet Proof solution for the 6.0L
¹ The common belief is that 2003-2005 model 6.0L's will not trigger the check engine light. However, Ford's newer software updates now check for insufficient flow through the EGR and will trigger with an EGR delete. Keep in mind that if you have an earlier version Ford 6.0L and have had it in the Ford dealer in the past few years, your ECM (computer) has most likely been updated to the newer version of software. Also, if you ever take it in to Ford in the future, perhaps for an airbag safety recall of some sort, your ECM will be updated then. So while an EGR delete may not set your check engine light today, it is very much a possibility in the near future.